Thursday, October 20, 2011

Semana.....Neuve? Oh sheesh.

FAMILIA!
 
This is officially my last email from the good ol' CCM! I KNOW! I just can't believe how the time has flown, and that I only have 16 more months to preach the gospel as a missionary! And to think, exactly 2 months from yesterday I came into this crazy place, not speaking a lick of spanish, never having read preach my gospel, and not knowing how to teach a lesson. Now look at me! I can teach entire lessons in Spanish, hold my own in a conversation, have notes and scribbles all over my PME and am about to head out to Los Angeles and start teaching REAL people. Oh gash. It's all really happening. I am a missionary.
 
This week has been SUPER busy! Between trying to think of what all I need to pack and get ready to leave plus the regular workload of all my classes - it's been a whirlwind of stuff. Yesterday we left the TRC (where we teach lessons to member volunteers) and then went back to the classroom and taught one of our progressing investigators, and that evening during class we were trying to plan our next lesson with that same investigator and I couldn't remember what we had taught! My brain has just about had it! But I love it, and I'd rather have it this way instead of me being sick, lying in bed for two days.
 
Speaking of which, I'm almost 100% better. Hooray for modern medicine and the power of prayer and priesthood blessings.
 
This week for our Tuesday devotional, we got to hear from ANOTHER APOSTLE! Elder Richard G. Scott came and spoke to us abut recognizeing and learning to listen to the Holy Ghost in our studies, lives and teaching. It was amazing. he is just filled with so much Christlike love for all the people of the world. He's so softspoken and gentil, but at the same time filled with power. Interestingly, the thing that I remember most (I don't have my journal) and that impressed me the most was his testimony of the Savior. When he spoke of Him (Jesus) and His love for all of us and how He truly leads, guides, and directs this people and this work, there was no doubt in my mind that he was speaking the truth. When Elder Scott spoke, I felt the love of my Savior through him. I want to be like that. I want to be the type of missionary, and person, that when I speak to others they feel of not only my love for them, but the love that I know my Savior, Jesucristo, has for them. It's something that I'm working toward everyday. Another unique thing about Elder Scott was that after he finished speaking, we sang the closing hymn, and then he went back up to the pulpit! He said that normally he stays after meetings and will shake the hand of anyone and everyone who wants to, but tonight he couldn't. And because he couldn't stay he just wanted to reiterate again how much he and our Savior loved us. It was the most precious thing I've ever seen. I loved it.
 
I have been truly blessed by the speakers that I've been able to hear while being at the MTC. Not only have I listened to members of the 70, Sister Beck, and members of the MTC general board, but I've been able to be personally blessed and edified by 4 of the 12 apostles. 4 of the 12 men on this earth who hold ALL of the keys of the priesthood here on the earth. It's unheard of. It's just such a testimony to me of our Heavenly Father's love, and how he knows me, Hermana Hensley, personally. To call me to the MTC at this time, for this amount of weeks, when these people were going to speak to us. AMAZING!!! I couldn't have asked for a better MTC experience.  
 
Well, I've got laundry to finish, lunch to eat, the temple to go to, lessons to teach and letters to write. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you both in my last days in the MTC and in the field!
 
con amor,
Hna Hensley

No comments:

Post a Comment