Well, this email probably won't be horribly long because it hurts to type....and I'll tell you why.
Which was stolen on
Thursday off of the back of our Corolla while parked in our space at the apartment complex. We called the mission office reported it stolen.
We are still waiting for our new plates...but in the meantime we
couldn't drive our car because, well, the registration is gone and that
would be illegal.
It was all good because we had our bikes and the
weather has been rather nice so we were prepared and ready. The only
problem was that the next day we had to go to a bunch of missionary
meetings and needed a car. So, we
carpooled with some elders, stuck our bikes on the back of their car and
eventually they dropped us off right by our 1st appointment. That went well.
Then it happened
I was
biking, in the lead, headed to our next appointment. I was coming down
one of the main roads here and was on the asphalt because the sidewalk
was pretty uneven. Towards the bottom of this GIANT hill, the sidewalk
started to even out so I decided to get out of the street. Then
- WHAM - the next thing I know I'm on the ground, bleeding profusely
and can't move my left wrist. Sister Snyder was right behind me, but
luckily didn't wreck or run me over, and helped pull my bike off and me
and get me over onto the sidewalk. Apparently there was a giant crack in
the road where they had laid a cable and my front tire went into it, my
back tired fishtailed behind me, and i went flying into the air.
By now, I'm in shock but not crying because I literally have no idea what happened
(my companion had to fill me in) Then the pain started.
We called our district leaders, they came over to pick us and the bikes
up and take us back to the apartment. We reported the accident to the mission president's wife. She takes care of things like this and got me in to see a doctor. I couldn't move my wrist without being in extreme pain. While we waited to know where to go, me being the makeup artist I HAD to take
pictures....
Anyway. So, to make a long story short, the elders gave me a blessing, I went to urgent care and got x-rayed (no fractures or breaks, just deep soft tissue damage) they sterilized my wounds and sent me on my way I have to wear a wrist brace for 1 week, and then just be careful with it after that and I have to keep my knees clean so they can heal. Well, I've never had such deep woundage before, and so we called some of our recent converts, a couple who both work for the hospital in the ER. Once at their house we learned they specialize in wound care, how convenient. After church Sunday they cleaned and bandaged me up properly.
Now my knees look like mummies. I'm banged up,
bruised and sore, but I'm alright. Heavenly Father really protected me.
The doctors all said that I'm extremely lucky it could have been much worse. The Lord is good :) And, on the bright side, when the
AP's (Assistants to the President) heard that I crashed my bike and we didn't have a car, they pulled
some strings and got approval for us to us to borrow a car from another set of missionaries until we get plates on ours. How nice, huh?? We were worried
about how we would get to our appointments there for a while. Because I can't walk horribly far/fast
without being in pain...but the Lord always provides a way!
Ok. I guess I lied about this email not being long. I'm
mostly typing with my right hand, so it's slower than usual but I guess
I'm still long-winded, even when I'm slow :)
On a brighter note - our investigators/recent converts are doing
great!!! Txx is going to be interviewed to receive the Aaronic
priesthood next week, Mxxxxx came to church on Sunday even though we had
to cancel our lesson Friday b/c I wrecked my bike and was in Urgent
Care, And he is still on track to be baptized on the 4th of August! Ahh
he's so excited, and prepared. Seriously we sit in lessons with him and I
just want to throw in the towel and tell him, you teach me - he's
great.
Another small miracle was that Nxxxx and her 3 year old son Bxxxx
FINALLY came to church after a month or so of invitations, and we found
some great new people that we are working with.
Even when life gives you a crappy week - the Lord still finds a way to bless you and make it all better :)
Now, I'm going to write president and take some Advil :)
Love y'all!!!
Sister Hensley





No comments:
Post a Comment