This week has been a short one...well...it's just been short since I last updated because of Temple P-day last Wednesday :) BUT these past few days have been jam-packed, especially because of the holiday. And now that I'm sitting here...well...I can't think of anything that happened! Hang on, let me pull out my planner to remind me...
Well. Last Wednesday we bought a princess/castle egg-dying kit for Easter. Not only did we create a myriad of princesses, princes, kings and knights but we made a movie.
That's right. And we did it in Spanish to help us with our language skills. It was an epic adventure in which Sir Peabody (cause he's green)
had to save the Princess Narantita (she's orange) from the ugly Prince Todd (with buckteeth and weird yellow hair). 
One day, maybe you all will be able to see the video we took, and laugh at our poor Spanish skills. But for now, you'll just have to use these pictures and your imagination to make up your own story :)
Yesterday for Easter was the busiest Easter I've ever had. The English our speaking ward (congregation) asked if Sister Johansen and I could participate in a musical missionary fireside for Easter, in which the ward members could come and invite their friends and neighbors too, very cool. Now, if anybody knows me, they will know that I don't mind singing in public in groups or choirs but I don't sing alone. Well....I can no longer say that. I sang a solo yesterday and it didn't turn out half bad. Sister Johansen of course stole the show with her beautiful operatic voice, but we sang some duets which were very nice and even got Elder Spencer so sing. (he serves with us in our wards with his companion) It turned out nicely. IN fact, if I do recall correctly there were some teary eyes in the audience. I love how the Spirit of the Lord can be so beautifully conveyed through people's talents, whether it's art, music, literature, etc. It's a beautiful thing to be a part of.
On a slightly funnier note, I am extremely sore today. And I was extremely sore yesterday. Why you may wonder? Well. Saturday was a day full of service for us sister missionaries. It started when we went over to some member's house to help them weed in their garden/front lawn. I rather enjoy weeding. there's something immensely satisfying in hearing the crunch of roots as they come up from the ground. in fact, it makes me think I may want to have a garden when I come home just so I can pull the weeds out of it every now and then. Spring in California can be quite toasty, so we were out working in the sun, getting some vitamin D.
Oh, and did I mention that we decided to bike there too for some extra exercise? Well, we did :) So, after a 20 minutes bike ride we pulled weeds for a little over an hour and half, then we hopped on our bikes and headed over to our investigator Jxxxx house to do some service for her there. She had a rather large stack of bricks on the side of the house that she asked us if we could move them to the other side of her garage. This would put them out of the walkway so her mother's wheelchair could fit through easier. We were happy to oblige and so when we got to her house we eagerly started working.
DID YOU KNOW THAT SPIDERS AND CREEPY CRAWLIES AND ALL KINDS OF BUGS LIVE IN BRICK PILES?!?! ....I do now. After one ginormous spider jumped on me I was traumatized but continued to work, with a much more cautious attitude. After about an hour of brick-lifting we biked back home (a good 25 minutes or so) and then changed and went off to regular missionary work. An now, I am sore but happy to have provided service :) It's a nice change in pace from the door knocking and when you teach while you serve, it's even better :)
well, that seems to be all for the updating this week!
OH NO! Yesterday was the departing missionary fireside and Sister Fonokalafi is going home! :( :(
So, we went with our Investigator Mxxxxxx from the Tongan ward, since she was taught by Sister Fonokalafi too and were all able to say goodbye. We took a picture :)
I also got to see Sister Malani. I just love her :)

And I love you all! Until next week!
Sister Hensley
ps - Grandma! I have been getting your emails! and I love them :)


No comments:
Post a Comment