![]() |
| Dynamic Duo back together again. |
I'm so happy to be writing to all of you on this beautiful (and rainy) California afternoon! And to tell you all about my week. It's been a good one, let me tell you.
First of all - this weekend we had another mini-mission! It was great fun! We were working with a Spanish Stake and so all of the youth that came out with us were Spanish speakers. Trust me, I tried to get in some good practice but my skills are severely lacking. My mini-mission companion was Hna Galdamez (**she told me I could put her name up on the blog) and she was awesome. We had so many wonderful experiences. The sad/great thing was that we had a really hard day on Saturday. First, we went and finished a service project for a woman in our ward. Sister Malani and I had started weeding her garden by ourselves on Thursday, but weren't able to finish so we saved the end product to do with our mini-missionaries. Many hands make light work. So, that was great but it was long, hard work out the in hot, HOT sun (thank goodness for sunscreen...only I must not have put any on my lips because they burned, and now are peeling. (gross) We came home and showered and then - off to regular missionary work! As sometimes it happens, nobody was home. Everyone rejected us. And, some people were not very nice. We then tried to see some member referrals but it turned out they didn't live in our area. We were late to our dinner appointment. It was a rough day, BUT there was the saving grace of Marie Calendars blueberry/cream cheese pie and a great message for our mini-missionaries and we were able to end the night on a high note. And you know what, even though the day was long and hard - she loved it! Awesome! And we loved her. She added so much to our companionship this weekend and we were so blessed to have her. We love you Hermana Galdamez! ***Note from Dad.. I hope she reads the blog. Our family is grateful that she was a part of our daughter's mission. We love you too.***
Well...I'm sorry to say that I don't have much more to say about this week. People are moving steadily along in the Gospel and I'm healthy and happy. Your love and prayers are always felt and I'm so grateful for them.
Don't forget to read your scriptures and pray and go to church! Those 3 things are the foundation of our testimonies and if we don't do that, when the hard times come we'll just crumble. I've seen it happen here on my mission and it's heartbreaking. So, just continue to feed your testimonies and know that our Heavenly Father loves you all to pieces! Just like me!
Have a great one!
Hna Hensley


Thanks for your posts.... they are wonderful to read and a highlight of my day..... (Hna Hensley, we met a very long time ago and I love your parents!) Mary Ann Wells Crandall
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete