Wow. I can't believe this transfer is halfway over! I mean...where does the time go?
This week,as always has been a very busy one for our companionship. We had zone conference,exchanges,and Mormon helping hands!
Not to mention all of the regular missionary duties to attend to. I hit the bed absolutely exhausted every day this week and it's a great feeling. Knowing that you've worked hard and done all you can for the Lord that day is very satisfying - and while I never seem to get enough sleep, I know that the Lord gives me strength to be able to carry out His work here in this part of the vineyard. However, just be prepared to have me hit a sleep-coma for about a week when I come home haha
Zone conference was amazing. It focused on working with the members of the church in further the missionary efforts. we talked about how we can help the members and allow them to help us as well. I learned so many things about the organization of the church and the Priesthood that I thought my head was going to explode. It can be overwhelming to think of all of the things that the Lord needs us to do in our short time on the Earth,but I know that if we (or I) just take it one day at a time then everything will be ok. It's much better for Him to be in charge of it all than me anyway :) He is perfect,after all. I attached a picture of Sister Bahr (she's one of the other sisters in the zone) and Sister Malani and me that was taken while we were waiting on the last few Elders to show up for the zone picture,which I'm assuming is on the CLAM blog -so check it out!
This week I also went on exchanges and was able to spend the day with Sister Lameko (she's from Samoa).
Exchanges can be difficult because you have to work with somebody new for the day and/or in a new area. Luckily this time I stayed in Harbor City and double luckily I was able to work with and learn from Sister Lameko. We're actually working with an investigator who is Samoan and so we were able to stop by and she spoke to him in Samoan and was able to communicated to him better than Sister Malani and I can in English. The Lord truly knows what he's doing when he inspires our leaders to make decisions - even ones so seemingly simple as who goes where for exchanges. Something else that we were able to do while we were on exchanges was more service! We missionaries were able to participate in our stake's Mormon Helping Hands project,which was cleaning up the streets of San Pedro. We basically walked up and down the streets picking up trash and debris for a few hours. While picking up other people's garbage is not one of my favorite past times, somehow when you're doing it to help others and the community it isn't that bad. And by the end of the day,I was only mildly sunburned -triple bonus!
The work here is going great. We have several people who are working towards being baptized in May and so it's a joy to help them grow. With the Lord's help we've been able to do good things here in Harbor City - and I'm looking forward to an even better week than the last! Don't forget to read and pray every day - it'll make all the difference in the world. I promise :)
Con amor,
Hna Hensley
This week,as always has been a very busy one for our companionship. We had zone conference,exchanges,and Mormon helping hands!
Not to mention all of the regular missionary duties to attend to. I hit the bed absolutely exhausted every day this week and it's a great feeling. Knowing that you've worked hard and done all you can for the Lord that day is very satisfying - and while I never seem to get enough sleep, I know that the Lord gives me strength to be able to carry out His work here in this part of the vineyard. However, just be prepared to have me hit a sleep-coma for about a week when I come home hahaZone conference was amazing. It focused on working with the members of the church in further the missionary efforts. we talked about how we can help the members and allow them to help us as well. I learned so many things about the organization of the church and the Priesthood that I thought my head was going to explode. It can be overwhelming to think of all of the things that the Lord needs us to do in our short time on the Earth,but I know that if we (or I) just take it one day at a time then everything will be ok. It's much better for Him to be in charge of it all than me anyway :) He is perfect,after all. I attached a picture of Sister Bahr (she's one of the other sisters in the zone) and Sister Malani and me that was taken while we were waiting on the last few Elders to show up for the zone picture,which I'm assuming is on the CLAM blog -so check it out!
![]() |
| The mission blog is in the links on the right in this blog. |
Exchanges can be difficult because you have to work with somebody new for the day and/or in a new area. Luckily this time I stayed in Harbor City and double luckily I was able to work with and learn from Sister Lameko. We're actually working with an investigator who is Samoan and so we were able to stop by and she spoke to him in Samoan and was able to communicated to him better than Sister Malani and I can in English. The Lord truly knows what he's doing when he inspires our leaders to make decisions - even ones so seemingly simple as who goes where for exchanges. Something else that we were able to do while we were on exchanges was more service! We missionaries were able to participate in our stake's Mormon Helping Hands project,which was cleaning up the streets of San Pedro. We basically walked up and down the streets picking up trash and debris for a few hours. While picking up other people's garbage is not one of my favorite past times, somehow when you're doing it to help others and the community it isn't that bad. And by the end of the day,I was only mildly sunburned -triple bonus!The work here is going great. We have several people who are working towards being baptized in May and so it's a joy to help them grow. With the Lord's help we've been able to do good things here in Harbor City - and I'm looking forward to an even better week than the last! Don't forget to read and pray every day - it'll make all the difference in the world. I promise :)
Con amor,
Hna Hensley


No comments:
Post a Comment