![]() |
| Los Angeles Temple |
One would think that since neither of us were transferred that our week wouldn't have been a crazy one. Well, that was definitely not the case this week. In fact, it feels like I haven't emailed in ages because this week has been a slow one. But, such is life and I'm just living my mission day by day :) One of the reasons that this week has been so long is because I've been sick. It's really just that time of year and since everyone in the world is sick, and we talk to everyone in the world it was going to happen eventually. The usual cold/sinus/throat thing. I'm pretty much fine now except I have a pretty nasty sounding cough. Which is mostly annoying more than anything and hopefully that will be disappearing in the next day or so.
We've been doing a lot of service this week because everyone (OK not everyone, but several people) in our ward are moving. Seriously now I think I'm an expert and packing boxes, cleaning shelves and vacuuming. It's always rather exciting/interesting to see what kind of things people accumulate over the years and what they're willing and ready to throw away, give away and keep. It also makes me never want to move, EVER! Too bad that's a part of life too hahaha
Something that I've really learned more about this week, is patience. It's funny because my companion tells me that I'm an incredibly patient person, and yet I don't feel like I'm patient at all. Maybe I feel this way because I'm not as patience with myself as I should be. I have come to realize that this is actually the case. I work hard and want to give my all for the Lord, and sometimes when the reality of being human hits me (such as being sick) it's hard to be patient with myself. Anyway, I am rambling.
Our investigators are doing well. We had a little scare with S***** and A****** this week, the Indian family that we've been teaching. They came to the baptism last week and really seemed to have a good time, felt the Spirit and then disappeared. This whole week we haven't been able to get in touch of them. Our appointments with them fell through, we could never get through to them on their phones and they live in a gated apartment building and so it's hard to get in and 'just stop by'. We've been stopping by pretty much every night this week to try and get in touch with them but without success. So last night we decided to walk around the block to follow up on a lead that we planned as backup. Guess who we see walking across the parking lot! A******* and her son! And so we started talking to them and trying just to make sure everything was OK and it turns out that 1) their phone hasn't been working and so they're trying to get a new one 2) their son has been sick and 3) their visas are expiring on the 31st. The Visa is a surprise for them because they were told they wouldn't have any problems with that. Anyway, they've been trying to work it all out and may have to go across the country to talk to their attorney to work it all out and then come back to California. Crazy stuff, it's amazing how hard Satan will try to thwart people when he sees that they are on the path to learn of the truth about God.
Well, that's it for this beautiful memorial day weekend. Be safe, remember that the Lord loves you. Reach out and do your own missionary work! The members are the lifeblood of the Church missionary program. :)
All the best,
Sister Hensley

No comments:
Post a Comment