![]() |
| The sun in Calif. is so bright. |
Wow. It's funny because on Temple P-days I should have a ton
of things to say because I haven't emailed in 10 days instead of
7, but for some reason my mind is always blank. Maybe it's
because I was just in the temple and so I just feel all calm and
peaceful on the inside. The temple makes any day a little bit
more beautiful :)
This past Sunday we had stake conference here in the Palos
Verdes stake, and us missionaries were invited to sing in the
choir. It's so nice to be able to participate in a choir again!
Ah I just loved it. And, I've always been able to feel the
spirit well through music, so being able to sing was
especially wonderful that Sunday. It gave me the peace I needed
for that day. The talks were great - in fact - our mission
president and his wife spoke about having faith and doing
missionary work, it was great.
Oh and something exciting that I will get to talk about next Monday is that on Friday we are having a general authority come to the mission and speak to us! I don't remember his name but he's a member of the 70 that's over this region. So we'll get to here what the first presidency and everyone really wants conveyed to us missionaries. Being able to go to the temple just a few days before has been a wonderful way to prepare for his visit. I"ll be sure to take lots of notes :)
We were able to teach a man this week named Joe, who was someone that the Spanish-speaking sisters met on the street a few weeks back. He works as a longshoreman down at the harbor and so his work schedule is kind of erratic - but we were able to teach him last Wednesday and it was wonderful. He said that he knows that he's searching for something, but he just doesn't know what it is. And that he feels like God brought us to him at this time so that we could help him find it. Pretty sweet if I do say so myself. Heavenly Father is so good to us missionaries sometimes (well...all the time)
![]() |
| Current Zone at the Temple. |
Love you all! Sorry this weeks it's kind of short....
Sister Hensley


No comments:
Post a Comment