Why hello world!
First of all, I want to
thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers this week. I've really
been able to feel it and it's been such a blessing. Not only for me as a
missionary, but for the people that we are currently teaching. The Lord
has just been opening up the windows of heaven and blessing us all over
the place. It's quite refreshing :) Even when we feel like we are
having a bad day, the Lord still finds a way to bless us an make it all
better. I'm so grateful that He knows more than I do!
**On that note, transfers are this week and
subsequently only He knows where I will be. SO we shall see! I really am
not ready to leave Harbor City....
Let's see,
what to say to update y'all on this week...let's start with the not so
happy, and then move on to the happy :) On Saturday morning Tina Love
passed away. If you remember, her daughter, Mxxx, was baptized in May. Tina had been battling some pretty nasty cancer stuff all year, and about
3 weeks ago she was given 2 days to live. And she made it 3 more weeks
:) Apparently the cancer had gotten into her brain and she had some
delusions and then a panic attack and then she died. We were able to go
over and see her and Mxxx 2 weeks ago and she didn't look too good, but
she was happy to see us. She even asked me how my mom was doing/feeling
(I was able to sympathize with her plight a little bit because of what I've gone through with my mother, and she always asked about how she was
doing. She was so amazing) I'm so grateful for the plan of salvation
and that she is free of pain and suffering and the she is happy in the Spirit World. Her funeral is this Saturday and I think that Sister
Snyder and I will be helping with it.
Now for some better news.
Also - Lxx IS BACK!!!!!! AND HE CAME TO CHURCH!!!! AND
HE'S HAPPY!!!!! And we've had lessons with him, did service in his new
garden out back, and even went with him and Axxx to the ward potluck
dinner. it's great to see him - I feel like he's the same Lxx that he
was right after he got baptized. He goes to support groups/classes at
Kiser everyday and now we are trying to help him get back into the habit
of reading his scriptures every day, since he didn't take his Book of
Mormon with him to rehab :( But he's doing really good at the moment,
and so that was a total blessing.
Another great thing is that we are working with a woman
now named Mxxxxx. She's from El Salvador, and so she was taking the
lessons from the Spanish speaking Elders who cover our area, but her
sons don't really speak Spanish. And so she decided that she wanted to
take the lessons in English so her sons would learn too. She also wanted them to understand when they all come to church together. She is amazing. When we asked her about baptism
and how she was feeling about what they Elders had been teaching. She
said she had a dream, and from this dream she knows that "God wants [her]
to be a Mormon" :D She reads and prays and is just one of the happiest
people I have ever met. She told us the other day that she met a lady
who was having a hard time, and she talked to her about Christ, and then
got her information and is going to call her to see what time she and
the missionaries can come over and teach her! She's already a
missionary! She's preparing to be baptized on the 1st of September.
Woohoo! See what blessings that lord has had in store for us lately?
And lastly, Mxxxxx. Wow, what a week for him! Last week he was struggling to know if he should join the Church. He has been blessed this week.
We had a lesson with him in which we all sat down and talked with him
about everything. Basically at the end we told him to choose a date and
to pray about it, and that he and Heavenly Father could work out the
best time for him to be baptized. And the date he chose was/is September
1st as well. BUT when we saw him at church yesterday he told us that it
might be sooner - he will let us know. AND that he wants/is planning on
serving a mission, and wanted to know how long he has to wait after his
baptism in order to be able to go. Pretty amazing, huh? The ward has
also been AWESOME in reaching out to him and making him feel like no
matter what the situation is like at home, he has a home at the church.
He still is having problems/troubles, but the Lord is helping him have
the strength to overcome. What miracles.
I love you all, and hope to hear from you soon!
Much love,
Hermana Hensley
No comments:
Post a Comment