Monday, September 24, 2012
Baldwin Village Week 06
Bula Vinaka!!
No, sadly Sister Malani did not come to LA, I just felt like it would be an appropriate greeting for today. Also sadly, even though I took a bajillion pictures this week (for reasons to be explained later) somehow in the move I misplaced my flashcard reader...so next week my friends. Next week. Also next week will be news of what happens in the transfer :) I feel like something big is going to happen, but I just don't know what it is yet...
Last week on preparation day we got to go to the Griffith Observatory (fun fact: they filmed most of Rebel Without a Cause there back in the day) and it was SO cool! It was way up int he California 'mountains' and it was bright and sunny and beautiful. Even though it was smoggy from the city, you could see the Hollywood sign and just enjoy the nature. It was really cool, and free, and a nice break from being down in the city. I haven't felt that close to nature since I was down south in Harbor City :) Refreshing and worth the drive!
Also this week, adding to the adventures of this transfer, was the wonderful fact that WE MOVED INTO OUR NEW APARTMENT! YAY! It's really nice. It's owned/rented by members of the church and they just remodeled the whole thing so we have all brand new appliances (including a washer/dryer AND a dishwasher!?) and it's in a family-friendly, nice and quiet neighborhood. In fact, it's a little TOO quiet. Haha, but it's really nice. We have been blessed :) :) I just hope I don't get transferred and have to leave it! haha....
We had a crazy and kinda rough week with out investigators. Unfortunately, despite all of our great efforts, Sxxxxx won't be getting baptized on the 29th. She didn't come to church this week (it's been about a month since she's come) and she wasn't feeling all that great about it anyway. She still says she isn't ready - which is fine! We don't want to force her into the water, and the decision is ultimately hers. We love her and want those blessings for her, so we are sad of course, but we know that when she makes that decision for herself it will be even better, and the blessings will be even richer.
The work at USC is really picking up though! We are still working with Nxxxxx and she is doing really well! She even played the piano in relief society this Sunday :) The student ward is really great about fellowshipping and helping everyone to feel not only welcome and loved, but like they can contribute in their own way with the gospel, even if they aren't members of the church. It's a really awesome thing to see and be a part of. I hope that when I return back to school that no matter where I am, I will be able to do the same for those whom the missionaries are teaching. We also are working with this awesome guy named Txxxx. He's a transfer student from San Diego and is looking to get closer to God and find a church where he feels like he really belongs. He's excited to read The Book of Mormon - in fact, when we came back for out 2nd appointment with him, he had read all of 1st Nephi and had it marked/flagged with sticky notes full of questions :) And he surfed around Mormon.org! He's the bomb. We are really looking forward to seeing him grow and progress.
Oh, and I almost ate a chicken foot. But I just couldn't do it. So Elder Moli (from Tonga) ate it for me.
Well, I think that's about all!
Au lomani iko!
Sister Hensley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment