Wow. This week has definitely been one of trials for our companionship. Let's see where to start....
I
got sick again! It's defintely been a difficult transfer, I"ve been
sick more often and worse than I have my whole mission. And so, because
of my sicky-ness things just seems extra stressful. Then we got a call
that over the weekend we were going to have another mini-missionary!
which is always exciting but a little daunting when you have a nasty
cold. However, it all worked out and we had a wonderful experience.
However, on the way back from Torrance, we were rear-ended while we were
stopped on the freeway. Yeah! So that was a little unnerving for sure.
The poor guy behind us isn't even the one who hit us, we were just the
last care in like a 3 car chain. Unfortunately the other cars didn't
bother to stop, so that poor guy will end up taking the blame for
hitting us. However, he only hit the giant monsterous bike rack that is
on the back of our car, and so everything else was unharmed. And Sister
Morgan and I are both fine, we were a little shaken yesterday but all is
well.
We also had a little snag with one of our
investigators this weekend. Lxxxx was doing so well, progressing
wonderfully and then he had a really bad weekend, hard times, and
relapsed with his smoking. Then he took his anger and frustration out on
us and the church. It was a really difficult phone call to sit through,
but thankfully the Spirit was with us and we were able to say the right
things to help him realize his testimony and what he really wants. It
was a harrowing, but cool experience all at the same time.
In exciting news, Txxxx was ordained to the office
of Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood this Sunday! And he also was
interviewed to receive his temple recommend and will be going with some
of the students in 2 weeks to do baptisms for the dead. How cool! Also, I
just got a wedding invitation from Gxxx, remember her? She's the one
that Sister Johansen/Fonokalafi/Malani and I all worked with in North
Torrance and helped her return to full activity. Well, she's getting
married in the temple in December!!! Yeah!!! It just makes my heart so
happy. If I never had another baptism my entire mission it would be
worth it because of her. That's an eternal family right there! Yay!
It's been constantly raining here in our area, so
pray for us and our soggy, wet feet! Haha No, in all reality we have
been staying dry, it's just so gloomy that's all...eventually the sun
comes out, right?
Well, that's all the time I've got at the moment. Love you all and hope you stay safe!
Sister Hensley
No comments:
Post a Comment