So! the temple.
It was great! Really, the Los Angeles temple is the 2nd
largest temple in the world (Salt Lake is the biggest) and....yes. I can attest
to that. It felt ginourmous on the inside!
I felt like I hadn't been to the
temple in forever and so it was really, really nice to go. I wanted to stay in
there all day long and do everything that I could, but we just didn’t have the
time. I'm definitely going to try and go once a week when I get back home. And
by then there may be a 2nd temple in Provo! How, crazy is that, huh?
In the temple I got to have some
spiritual 'me time' which I feel like I don't get to much here, on the mission.
Yes, you learn and grow personally, but almost all of your focus is on other
people it was nice to just sit and only think about me and my relationship with God. Being in the temple for just a few short hours
seems to like, recharge my batteries and made me super peaceful all at the same
time. I just want to take everyone with me there after the mission! It's so
cool! and huge! and beautiful! We went to the 8:30 session and it was just my
zone. Sister Fonokalafi and I are the only sisters so thank goodness there were
5 other ladies in the session so we didn't feel so lonely. On the men's
side, it was just all Elders, plus maybe 2 other men. But it was really nice. Like
I said, I could have stayed in there forever.
Note from Dad. Unlike our regular Sunday meetings in the Temple men sit on one side of the room and women on the other. Each room can sit about 50 people, 25 men and 25 women. To have one side full and the other empty is unusual.
This week, WELL - crazy town! I need
to really start bringing my journal with me to the library to help me remember everything. Here are the top items.
We met a really awesome girl who we will
start teaching this week who would attend the singles ward.
We got to go to a baptism for one
girl that Sister Fonokalafi taught in her last area.
We had to drop another girl we've
been teaching who had a baptismal date because she's not progressing.
We taught a family from India.
I almost twisted my ankle playing
football today.
I made it through New Years without
dying from baked goods, I mean people kept giving us sweets (seriously. cake
after cake after cookie after brownie. I just want like, some bacon. or jerky
people!)
We're going to start
teaching/attending/supplementing a family history class at the stake center to
try and strengthen the ward and find new people to teach.
I went on exchanges to another area and
taught a CRAZY lady who had CRAZY stories and some awesome spiritual experiences. I chuckled inside the whole time she was
telling us the stories at the ridiculous things I was hearing. Her life was
like, 6 episodes of CSI. However, I am
so excited for the sisters who work there because she is pretty golden,
you know, beneath the crazy.
I had interviews with President
(they happen every other transfer) and transfers and next week! SO I'll write
to you next Monday and we'll see if I move! Sister Fono and I want to stay
together another transfer (or course) but she goes home soon...so they might
steal her back to the visitor's center
:(
But we shall see!
That's the summary for this week!
Once again, I know it's super short but I have to write my weekly letter to
president and then scoot on outta here. I swear, and hour gets shorter and
shorter every week. I still have 1 load of laundry to do.....eek!
I love you all - be safe and know
that y'all are in my prayers!
Hna Hensley
No comments:
Post a Comment