Monday, January 23, 2012

Transfer 3

WOWEE! can you believe that this is the start of my 3rd transfer! I surely can't. I was looking at the calendar the other week and realized that Feb 26 is my 6th month mark! What?! I still feel like I'm just a brand new missionary. it's crazy how the time is fast and slow when you're on the mission. I only have 13 more months to preach the gospel! ahh! gotta get to work and find those who are waiting for me! :)

It was transfers this past Wednesday annnnnnnddddddd  - I'm still in North Torrance. Yup. I stayed right here. BUT Sister Fonokalafi has left me! She's training a new missionary at the VC (Visitors Center)  and so my new companion is Sister Malani! She's from Fiji and has been out for about 13 months. She's AWESOME. I mean, she's like a spiritual giant and I love her to death. Not to mention she's been nursing me back to health this past week too, man. I have so much respect for her already and it hasn't even been a week yet. I'll be sure to send pictures of the two of us next week when it hasn't been raining all the time :( rain doesn't make for good photo taking opportunities.

So, because I have been super sick on and off all week, I've had to stay in, or come in early. I have not been able to get in a full days work because my lungs just want to quit on me or I throw up. Either way it isn't fun and I'm just about ready to be done with this sickness. I'm feeling TONS better but I'm still on the mend and just have to watch out and make sure that I don't relapse and get even sicker than I was before, that would be bad. So your prayers are always appreciated - and know that I always pray for y'all back home as well. The weather has cooled off here a bit and it gets pretty cold at night, which is not good for my lungs - the doctor advised me not to go out walking/tracting when it's super cold, so we've been trying and scheduleing appointments with less active memebers and recent converts and it's been really successful! We're helping one girl who was totally inactive in August prepare to go on a mission! It's such a blessing. I could talk about her and how awesome she is all day long, but I'll move on to other things :)

Yesterday was Stake Conference, so we had a lot of extra time to go out and work. So, we went to go find an investigator that we've had to stop seeing and she wasn't home. So, we decided to look for a former investigator that lived down the same street. We found her! Her name is L and she's....well .... she's pretty great, and she wants us to come back and help resolve some of her concerns. It's going to be so good! As we were leaving she said "even if I don't become a mormon, I want to be able to defend you guys whenever people talk bad about you. I love the Mormon people" it was a pretty sweet experience.

This week has also been a week of miracles with the members! We had a girl in the singles ward who is an RM just give us a TON of shirts and blouses and coats form her mission, and a member is taking us grocery shopping today! what blessings! Some weeks, it's so easy to tell how much the Lord is looking out and blessing you. I think the lord gives us good times like these so that when the hard times come, when we don't feel like we can keep going, we can look back on the good times and realize that He is involved in the details and that he loves us very much. I'm happy to be in good times right now, even though I've been hacking up my guts at night, but I'm still working hard and doing my very best to try and find those people whom the lord has prepared to hear His word and come closer to Him.

I love you all, I love my Savior, I know that only through keeping the commandments and striving our very best to learn of the Savior can we find true peace and joy in this life. Have a wonderful, wonderful week (stay dry if you're hear in CA!)

Love,
Hna Hensley

No comments:

Post a Comment