Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 11

This post came off schedule last week and I am just now getting it posted.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wow. I can't believe it's 2012 and when some people are saying the world is going to end, and I'll be on a mission. How lucky! I guess it's straight to the Celestial Kingdom for me....  Just Kidding.

But 2012 has been great so far! We've got some new investigators that we're working with (and by that, I mean we went tracting and some people told us we could come back, so we've got some potential on the horizon) and all of our recent converts are coming back into town from their vacations and so it's great!!

Or family has a tradition of eating grapes at the stoke of midnight on the new year for good luck.  I, sadly, did not get to eat grapes here (you think grapes are expensive because they're out of season....try getting them in LA when they're out of season. Sheesh) but I thought about it. I was asleep at midnight anyway :)

We had to be indoors at 6:00 on new year's eve for safety, so our zone got together and we played some indoor sports game involving a soccer ball and running at the gym of the stake center. I don't really know what it was - but it was fun. We played that for 2 hours (which....I mean it was fun, but some variety would have been nice too) and then they talked about the zone goal for this next month (what we wanted to focus on as missionaries in our zone) and then we drove home!  Some members gave us some sparkling cider, so we did have a little celebration after planning :) and then in bed at 10:30! It was a good day though.

You may think it's strange that it's Wednesday and I’m writing. Well, we got to go to the temple today....AH! I just looked at the time and I still have to write my mission president! I guess the temple will have to be continued.....but it was wonderful :)

Love!!
Hna Hensley

 ps - wow. this was a pitiful update. please forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment