Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hola Familia!!!

Another week has gone by! and it's pretty crazy - let me tell you! This week in weekly planning we planned for CHRISTMAS!?! WHAT?! I honestly can't believe that it's that time of year already. OH man. You know what missionaries get to do on Christmas?? CALL HOME!!! Yeah! So - I'll be calling home around 4:00 CALIFORNIA TIME on Christmas day...so I'm pretty sure that works out to about 6:00....actually we better make it between 6:00 and 6:30 - who knows when I'll make it to the member's house that I'm calling from. Also, I will be calling from a California number so don't be alarmed. It's not a creeper - just your missionary daughter. And be aware that I only have 40 minutes to talk to everyone....so gotta be efficient!  Everyone who wants to talk will need to be at my parents house at that time.  You are all welcome.
 
This week...wow honestly I don't remember a ton of what happened this week. We've been working a lot with less-active and inactive members in the ward lately, because it's Christmastime so anyone new that we do meet doesn't want to talk to us until after the new year. This past Saturday was our family ward's Christmas party - and it was Hawaiian themed - and there was authentic Polynesian dancing and jhalua pig and everything. it was delicious and entertaining and spiritual. We got to meet a lot of good people and get to know the members of the ward even better. Another thing that we've been able to do a lot lately is use the visitor's center up here at the temple (I'm actually emailing you from the family history library there because we had to come into town for practice for the mission Christmas musical program we're having on Christmas) every night they have a special musical presentation at 7, and the temple grounds are all decorated with lights for the holiday season. I"ve helped with a couple of tours of the temple grounds and things with the people we've brought up there because Sister Fonokalafi (Phone-o Kah lah Fee) is a visitor's center sister who is out in the field right now. Either way, even if I can't be in the temple, being on temple grounds is almost as good. I love it there.
 
Other than that we're just excited for Christmas! We have dinners scheduled for both Christmas Eve and Day so I'm well taken care of. AND Our Brazilian sister from the ward is making our dinner Christmas eve, so there's a high possibility there will indeed be black beans and rice there. I'm excited. Tell the family not to forget to put my mission address on their Christmas card/letter list. I love getting things, no matter what they are!
 
I"m so scattered and running out of time! I have to write my letter to president...
 
but know that I'm working hard and that I love you all. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!
Hna Hensley

No comments:

Post a Comment