Saturday, December 3, 2011

Week 04

I can't believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday! What a trip. Time is such a funny thing on the mission...really slow yet really fast. Before you know it, Christmas will come and go, and then I'll be home. It's the strangest phenomenon!
 
Speaking of Thanksgiving, we have 2 food appointments that day and so I will be nicely fed. We aren't sure if we have a special schedule / proselyting rules for that day yet, but whatever it is will be for the best. Our dinner appointment is with a family where the wife is Brazilian and the husband is Italian...soy ou know the food is going to be good!! I'm so excited. Sister Brazil made black beans and rice for us the other day because she found out that Grandma Yoly was Cuban and they were soooooo good. It was just like being back home for a moment :) I told her I'd tell y'all that I was being taken car of, so there you go.
 
We got our water heater replaced today finally! That's actually why I'm getting this email off so late - we had to be at our apartment with a female member while they were installing the new water heater. They said it would only take a half our and it took 2 hours so it ate up a lot of our day. I might even be a few minutes short of my hour because we have to make it to a dinner appointment at 6....but I only get one hour a week to talk to y'all so maybe we'll just be a little late!
 
This past weekend was really cool because the North Stake just did something called a 'mini mission' for the youth. Basically the youth that wanted to participate signed up and then spent from Friday afternoon to Sunday night with a companionship of full-time missionaries! It was great. Since I was on splits from Friday night to Saturday night I had one mini-missionary while I was in San Pedro, and then another when I got back to my area. They both were amazing girls and worked so hard and are going to be great missionaries one day. They were so willing to participate (we had each of them prepare to teach a lesson - and then teach it during the day with our help!) and just were great. Afterwards on Sunday night they had a fireside/testimony meeting but President said we couldn't go :( so that was kind of a bummer because I'd love to have seen what there experiences were and things but oh well :) President knows best!
 
Speaking of my exchange in San Pedro.....what a trip. I mean...I don't even have words. It was me and Sister Deskins and our limited Spanish/experience AND a mini missionary! Teaching in a Spanish area! Luckily our mini missionary was a native speaker but still...there was a lot of trusting in the lord those 24 hours...but we had some really good lessons and some really good experience and I definitely...grew...a lot :) But I'm glad to be back in in my area :)
 
Other than that we still don't have any new investigators and other then our recent converts don't have anyone to teach :( Prayers for finding would be welcome! I love you all and love getting your emails!
 
-Hna Hensley
 
PS - dear elder seems to get letters here pretty quick too....so you might sign up for that and try it out :) My friend Mari sent on through the website on the 10th and I got it this Friday....so you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment